Wednesday, October 14, 2009

That flashing light on the front of your car is not a broken headlight! Use it!

I had to run an errand this morning so as I was pulling out of the neighbourhood, there was a car coming but I didn't want to be like most drivers and pull out regardless and make them brake suddenly so I waited patiently as there was nothing behind it.

As the car approached the road I was about to turn out from, it suddenly slowed down and turned.

This is probably the thing that annoys me more than most about other drivers.

If the car was turning, surely it wouldn't be too much trouble for the person to signal and let me know so I could pull out safely, instead of sitting there waiting only for them to turn at the last minute??

The flashing light on the front of the car is not a broken headlight! It is a signal that lets other drivers know when you are about to make a turn!

The other thing Houston drivers like to do is when you're driving behind them they suddenly slow down to a virtual stop for no reason. What is it? Why are you stopping all of a sudden? Is there a dog in the road? Let me know so I can avoid the obstacle myself.

Oh, you're just turning into that side street? Ok, thanks for letting me know because you were actually stopped in the middle of the road near enough and made me and all the cars behind me stop too wondering what was going on.

The best one though is when you're the only car on the road with nothing behind you for miles, but some stupid ignorant wanker decides he has to pull out in front of you making you slam on your brakes!

Would it really have slowed you down that much if you'd waited 3 seconds for me to pass before pulling out and having the road to yourself??

Muppets!

0 comments: