Sunday, March 7, 2010

New balls please!

If you read my other post over on Mancunian Moon you may know that I spent most of the day gardening.

I planted some nice Marigolds around the tree to give it some colour and make it look nice.

About 3 hours after I finished I looked out the window to admire my handy work when I noticed that two of the newly planted flowers had been smashed to pieces!

The culprit was long gone but what I think happened was some kids were playing basketball in the neighbours drive way and missed and only for the ball to land in my new flower bed. Yeah, good shot numb nuts.

I was pretty pissed of as you can imagine but I did the same many times when I was a kid kicking my football over the neighbours fence and they were only $10 for 12 plants so it's not a big deal.

I'd already beheaded one while trying to get it out of the tray anyway so I know they're brittle little things. And to be honest it was digging out the old stuff, clearing out the weeds and adding the soil and mulch that was the hard work, not the planting of the marigolds so I'll let it go this time but if I see anyone hitting them again with they'll think they're at Wimbledon as they'll be needing some new balls please!

0 comments: