Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's Rodeo time!

The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo starts tomorrow.

As far as I'm concerned, rodeos are like fireworks. Once you've seen one you've seen them all but my wife loves the rodeo.

She volunteers on two committees and gets excited around August when the preparations begin even though the rodeo doesn't start until the end of February, beginning of March.

She loves having to recruit other volunteers for the team she is captain of. She enjoys organising socials so they can all meet each other and enjoys arranging training sessions so they all know what they have to do.

She gets excited when she gets to order her new rodeo vest and shirts and loves it even more when they're delivered.

My wife pretty much loves everything to do with the rodeo, until it comes time to actually work there and the night before she has a shift all I hear is: "I don't want to go", "I'm not doing this next year", "I'm tired", or "I'm too busy for this".

At the end of her last shift she is relieved and glad it's all over but by the time it all starts again in August those memories have faded and she's ready to go again.

Yee-haw!

0 comments: