Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Outsmarted, by a scruffy little yorkie!

Remember a few weeks ago when Busby decided to talk a walk on a busy road?

Well, the other day on my way to work I spotted a little Yorkshire Terrier in the road in our neighbourhood. I spotted it had a collar so I decided to turn around and see if I could be some little kids hero by saving their dog.

After the scare with Busby when he was found by a couple of kids in the road I decided if I saw a lost dog in the same situation I would try and help it.

Only when I managed to turn the car around I spotted the dog running to where I had just come from so I turned round again. I'd basically just driven around in a big circle so anyone who saw was probably wondering what I was up to.

When I spotted the dog again it was in someones front garden so I parked the car and approached it. It saw me coming and ran away, stopped, saw me still coming towards it and growled at me.

It then decided to run further away, stopping only to check if I'd stopped following it.

It was running back towards the main road so I decided that wasn't a good idea so I moved back in the hope it would come back into the neighbourhood.

Once it moved away from the main road I decided to try again only to be growled at some more.

I was positioned between the dog and the busy road so I was happy that if it was going to run away, it would be into the neighbourhood where it would have a better chance of avoiding being hit by a car.

A school bus turned into the neighbourhood and it was at this point the dog gave me the slip. I thought that if there kids around waiting for the bus then maybe one of them would find the dog and make sure it got back home.

Just to be sure, I drove around the neighbourhood one more time but I couldn't see it anywhere.

Hopefully it is ok and made it home but it was a great start to the week being outsmarted by a scruffy little Yorkie!

0 comments: