Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stop!

I've realise there is something that happens all the time that really annoys me.

You know when you're driving down the road, usually through a neighbourhood rather than a main road and there are no other cars on the road but then you start approaching a stop sign and suddenly, there is another car coming from the cross street you're about to pass so that you both get to the stop sign at the exact same time.

And it's never a few seconds apart, that wouldn't bother me if you got to the stop sign a few seconds apart, but it is always the exact same time, so then there is that awkward pause while you suss each other out to see who is going to make a move to go first.

This happens ALL the time, literally 99% of the times I get to a stop sign. There are no other cars anywhere to be seen except that one that gets there the same time as I do. After we pass through the stop sign there are again no cars in sight.

I know it's only a little thing but it's really starting to bug me, so much so that I really start to hate the person in the other car, even though they've done nothing wrong except arrive at a stop time at the EXACT SAME TIME as I do! Bastards!!

0 comments: