Thursday, May 6, 2010

You don't show up when I order it and then make an appointment when I don't!

AT&T strikes again.


Remember the whole AT&T U-Verse debacle back in December?

Well, as we're in the process of moving house I called AT&T to cancel the house phone and internet etc.

The guy I spoke to spent the whole time trying to get me to sign up for AT&T U-verse.

I told him we could discuss it later but first I just wanted him to cancel my old phone and prepare to set up a new one at the new house when the time comes.

After about 20 minutes of trying to get him to shut up about bloody u-verse, he put me on hold.

At this point I'd had enough so hung up.

Two days later I was checking my e-mail when I spotted one from AT&T confirming my u-verse installation for May 17th between 9am and 11am.

Do what now?

Did I mention I signed up for AT&T u-verse?

No. Because I did not sign up for AT&T u-verse.

The guy just took it upon himself to assume that I would be unable to turn down such a tempting offer so went ahead with the order on my behalf!

What absolute cheating scumbags!

I hate dealing with AT&T.

I would rather deal with them online but every time I need to do something, I waste half an hour trying to navigate their website, only to be told you can't do anything online and have to call.

Another half an hour is spent trying to find a phone number to ring and the first thing you hear is how it would be faster and cheaper to do everything online.

Thanks for that.

0 comments: