Saturday, June 20, 2009

Up early

Why is it impossible to have a lie in at weekends?

We get up early in the week as Houston society dictates that 7am is a reasonable time to start work everyday so at night I find myself falling asleep in front of the TV.

This also gets me in trouble as for some reason my Wive hates the fact that I might be tired and want to sleep. I get poked, have things thrown at me or she goes the old fashioned way and just shouts at me to wake me up again. Apparently we have to watch the TV 'together'!

Anyway, because we're in the habit of getting up early in the week, the same thing happens automatically at weekends. It's 8am now but I've already been awake for over an hour.

Actually, it might be a good job I'm up early as our gardener has just turned up! Why would anyone think it was a good idea to cut someones grass at 8am on a Saturday?!? Even if I hadn't woken up the sound of a lawnmower right outside my bedroom window would wake me up!

0 comments: