Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shock news headline: There is no news today!

Do you ever click on a news website, or even see an advert for the news and wonder why someone has gone to the trouble of researching and broadcasting a non-event as news?

I was just watching football on the tv (Arsenal v Everton) and at half time I thought I'd browse the internet on my phone (the score is 1-1 by the way).

Two headlines caught my eye:

3D TV to be "saviour" of industry

TV's Tennant 'backs Brown as PM'

I'll start with the first one. 3D TV to be "saviour" of industry. Yes, because no one watches TV anymore.

The second one. The guy who used to play Dr Who allegedly likes the British Prime Minister.

Neither of these are really news are they?

Why do news organisations think we care about actor's political beliefs? I might like a musicians songs but I don't care whether they worry about global warming while they're flying around the world in their private jet.

I can make up my own decision about politics and religion. Just sing your song and entertain me!

0 comments: