Sunday, August 23, 2009

Loserville has a new resident!

My Wife has a new obsession.

She's recently started working on a farm.

She's been ploughing fields, harvesting crops and tending various farm animals and she's been making some good money recently.

I suppose the Aerogarden I bought her for her birthday last year inspired her to go on to bigger and better things. No longer is she content with growing seven varieties of lettuce or some basil now it's lemon trees, and sheep.

Only it isn't. Her new obsession is Farmville, some silly game on Facebook.

The object of the game is to run your own pretend farm and plant pretend crops and then over varying amounts of time, you can pretend to harvest them and make pretend money to spend on more pretend crops. Only my wife forgets the pretend part.

Not only does she have her own pretend farm but she also set one up for me too so when all of her crops have been harvested, she can tend to mine.

The problem I have is that sometimes Farmville publishes notifications on your Facebook page to let your friends know what you've been up to, so it now appears that I spend all day on my pretend farm when I'm actually at work.

Last night, a friend of my wife's stayed over and when my wife was telling her all about Farmville, she had the understandable reaction of telling her she should get out more.

Well, this morning, the two of them were on the computer for a few hours setting up a new pretend farm for the friend!

Not only that, but around noon, my wife's friend called to ask how long her crops would take to grow. My wife told her they would be ready around 1.15pm.

At 1.20pm, the friend called my wife again to tell her that she was out at the store and ask if she could log on to her pretend farm and harvest her pretend crops for her so they don't (pretend to) wither and die!

Loserville has a new resident!

0 comments: