Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two more years of reminding you and convincing you to go!

My Wife is currently walking the streets of our neighbourhood knocking on doors to ask people to sign a proxy form for the next Homeowner's meeting.

She has been a board member for the past two years and it drives me mad!

There are meetings once a month, which she always forgets about so I have to remind her, she then remembers she has to print a lot of things out to take with her two minutes before she's supposed to be there, then two hours later comes home complaining about whatever was discussed at the meeting.

She is up for re-election this year and this was the perfect opportunity to resign and let someone else take over...but no. The only time my Wife gets enthusiastic about being on the board is when she has the chance to leave.

We discussed her leaving the board and she did get as far as telling the other board members that she was considering not running for re-election. However, about two weeks later she left an e-mail up on the computer screen that was her confirming to the board that she would run for re-election.

So now I have to put the second Monday the month in my work calendar for the next two years so I can remind her to go and maybe even convince her to attend pointing out that she had the chance to leave.

The funny thing is, she only got dragged into being on the board because when she first bought our house she decided she wanted to attend the annual meeting and when they announced they needed volunteers she tried to push me forward. The chairperson at the time spotted her attempt to force me into volunteering and called her out on it and she hasn't been able to escape since!

0 comments: