Friday, August 7, 2009

There's something just wrong about a grown man wailing like a little girl

You may have noticed from my last post that I'm not a fan of country music.

It's not that I can't understand it's appeal. Some people just aren't intelligent enough to understand songs that aren't about women who think tractors are sexy or drinking beer on the porch with your dog after your wife has walked out.

I actually don't hate all country music. I think there are some female country singers who can write a catchy tune but that's as far as it goes.

The one thing I don't get though, and this actually annoys me as well as making me feel a little bit uncomfortable is grown men singing country music.

There's just something not right about it.

I can understand the appeal a cute blonde girl in tight jeans but there is nothing appealing about the men in country music.

It's a bit like them blokes you meet who are just a bit too friendly. They're harmless enough but they're touchy feely in a way that normal men aren't and it unnerves you a bit and makes you protective of the kids.

It is just wrong.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I totally disagree....you're crazy.