Saturday, September 26, 2009

I did check my local listings thank you very much and it said this channel would be showing the game

Last week the UEFA Champions League returned and Manchester United had a tough game in Turkey against Besiktas.

After the collapse of Setanta in the UK, added to ESPN losing the rights to Champions League games I had to search through some little known channels to try and find coverage of the game.

Luckily, I stumbled across eight consecutive channels called UEFA. The listing for each channel showed one of the eight Champions League games taking place that day so I found the one with the United game, set it to record so I could watch it when I got home from work and thought nothing of it.

When I sat down to watch the game, I was relieved that it had been recorded and there was 2 hours and 15 minutes of exciting Champions League build up and action. Then I clicked play and was greeted by this screen, for the full 2 hours and 15 minutes.


In case you can't read the text, it helpfully states "This match may be available on your local cable sports network. Check listings for coverage in your area."
If only I had thought to do that.
Muppets!
P.S. Our walls aren't really orange. It just looks that way in the photo for some reason. It was taken at night so it must be the affect of the big light on my iphone's camera.

0 comments: