Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jumpy little cursor making me click on things I don't want!

I wrote last week about how text sometimes disappears from the screen when you're typing.

Well, this week I have something similar that annoys me.

There I was, innocently updating my Netflix queue when instead of clicking update, my cursor decided I wanted to redeem a gift card so he jumped up to the top of the screen at the exact second I was about to click update.

I don't know what made my cursor think I wanted to redeem a gift card. I don't actually have a Netflix gift card to redeem. In fact, I didn't even know you could get gift cards for Netflix.

I'd even typed new numbers next to the films I wanted to move up my queue so if the cursor had anything about it, it would've known all I wanted to do was update my queue. The clue was that I was actually aiming it at the update button.

I'm pretty sure the cursor's sole role in life is to point at things while I click on them using my mouse.

Deary me.

0 comments: