Monday, September 14, 2009

There's help for us all now you fat cow!

Footballer's wife Alex Curran is an example to us all.

Married to Liverpool player Steven Gerrard, smart cookie Alex realised the media spotlight may shine her way.

Unhappy with her figure, Alex went on an eight month fitness kick, cutting out the burgers and take aways she loved so much and now says shes "never felt better".

She goes on "I love the new me and Steven does, too. He loves the fact that I’ve ditched my unhealthy habits and has helped motivate me to keep up the hard work.”

For anyone keeping count, Alex Curran lost a total of 8 pounds on her fitness kick. 8. pounds.

You can read the story and see the pictures here. For reasons of decency I won't dig out the before pictures.

How did her body cope with carrying all that extra weight? How did her heart not just give up years ago?

Seriously. She's about 3 stone now, so before she must've been a good 3 and a half stone. I can't imagine she'd seen the inside of many chippies or take aways.

Is this story really supposed to be an example to us all, and to show us how, with a little hard work and dedication, we can all lose 8 pounds and weigh same as a four year old?

0 comments: